Tuesday, November 2, 2010

a new week

Jan wants me to relax. Last week was tough. My stepmom and 100% real mom, Janet Belton, passed away...

So I took a week off and flew to the memorial in Sonoma.

Its a 2 show Saturday: The second show I grabbed a quick nap on our dinner break only to wake up to Aquarius over the moniters. Next thing I realize-Chris, one of our stage managers, is tapping me on my shoulder looking at me like I was missing for years. I slept through the show! It was my fault for not being there, yes. But when the roster was taken at places, they checked me in! Katie McKee I forgive you:)

When everyone heard about Jan, and the news spread like wildfire, everyone; I'm talking everyone here, Hair tribe, crew, costumes, wigs departments, sound guys, most of these people I'd met in passing and didn't know their names. well they ALL knew my name and they knew instinctively, even if they haven't gone through it, just what to do. And what that is I can't tell you. its that unspoken thing that happens when someone close to you dies.

Bud and Charlie



Charlie woke me up today, snoring on my thigh. the girl at the feed store last night told me about this 'no grain' food getting a lot of attention. as if we're just realizing this. turns out dogs systems aren't meant to break down grain. The only grain they're supposed to have to have is the grain that the animal they're eating had before them. otherwise what is our food industry to do with all this extra surplus grain? dog owners, look for grain free food. I use this stuff called 'Taste of the Wild' that Charlie loves. Now I'm gonna go soak up this Maryland fall!

a special shout out to my friend and soul mate and road flare Idara Victor

No comments:

Post a Comment